The Aquarium Vet
The Aquarium Vet provides on-site visits as well as telephone and email support to public aquariums, ornamental fish importers, zebrafish houses, aquarium retailers and universities throughout Australia and New Zealand. Dr Rob Jones, with 16-plus years of experience in the aquarium industry, and his associate Dr Brett DePoister are the only veterinary practice in Australia dedicated to aquariums.
The Aquarium Vet provides the following services:
- On-site consultation
- Telephone and email support for our clients
- Import Risk Assessments
- Pathology services
- Reproduction services (for more details see Reproduction)
- On-site training seminars
The Aquarium Vet clients include:
- SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium
- Sydney SEA LIFE Aquarium
- Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary
- Kelly Tarlton’s SEA LIFE Aquarium (Auckland)
- Under Water World SEA LIFE Mooloolaba
- Aquarium of Western Australia (AQWA)
- Aquarium Industries
- Monash University Australian Regenerative Medicine Institute
- WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo
- WILD LIFE Hamilton Island
- Panaquatic Health Solutions
The Aquarium Vet frequently receives requests to assist with home aquarium fish. For logistical reasons, a home visit is usually not possible. To assist, an E-consultation is now available with The Aquarium Vet.
The fee for this is $ 74.95 (inc. GST).
To purchase an e-consultation, please visit The Aquarium Vet store.
Following your purchase from the store, you will receive an email. Attached to the email will be a document to be completed. The more information you provide, the more likely it will be that The Aquarium Vet can assist with your pet fish. You will receive an email reply within 24-48 hours (2 business days). We are also more than happy to liaise with a local veterinarian if medication is required.